challenge and creation
Fuji Television Action Plan
１ Social Responsibility
To realize the magnitude of social influence we as a broadcaster carry, and to deliver information that is fair, equitable, and reliable.
２ Social Contribution
To create touching and compelling content that contribute to the fields of culture, education, environment, and more.
３ Cheerful Workplace
To appreciate and respect each workers’ individuality, their ability and diversity, at the same time create a freewheeling workplace.
- Company Name
- Fuji Television Network, Inc.
- Inauguration of Service
- March 1st, 1959
- Chairman Masaki Miyauchi
President Koichi Minato
- Fiscal Term
- March 31st
- 8.8 billion yen
- Number of Employees
- Head Office
- 2-4-8 Daiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 137-8088
Pilot number: +81-3-5500-8888
Fax: +81-3-5500-8027 (International Department)
- DiverCity Tokyo Office
- 1-1-20 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0064
- Wangan Studio
- 2-3-23 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0064
- Transmitting Station
- Tokyo Sky Tree, 1-1-2 Oshiage, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, 131-0045
- Kansai Branch
- 2-4-9 Breeze Tower 10F, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0001
- Nagoya Branch
- 1-14-25 Telepia 13F, Higashi-Sakura, Higashi-ku, Nagoya, 461-0005
The History of Fuji Television
- Established Fuji Television Network, Inc. in November.
- Began operations as broadcasting station / Commenced broadcasts in March.
- First time to achieve the “triple crown,” top spot in all three viewer rating categories (golden/prime/all-day) year-round in December. Continued to hold the said title for 12 consecutive years until 1993.
- Moved headquarters to the Daiba waterfront area in April. Listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange in August.
- Commenced broadcasts of “Fuji TV 721,” a digital CS (Communication Satellite) channel in April.
- Commenced broadcasts of “Fuji TV 739,” a digital CS channel in April.
- Commenced broadcasts of “BS Fuji,” a digital BS (broadcasting satellite) channel in December.
- Commenced digital terrestrial broadcasts in December.
- Construction of Wangan (Bayside) Studio near the headquarters. 8 Studios equipped with all the latest digital technologies used for dramas and variety shows in September.
- Became a certified broadcast holding company and changed its name to Fuji Media Holdings, Inc.
Newly established Fuji Television Network Inc. through incorporation-type company split in October.
- Commenced digital broadcasting of three pay CS channels: Fuji TV ONE, TWO, and NEXT in April.
- Shoplifters wins Palme d’Or at the 71st Cannes Film Festival in May.
- 60th Anniversary since its first broadcast in March.
- Fuji Media Holdings, Inc., a certified broadcast holding company joins Tokyo Stock Exchange, Prime Market in April.
- Masaki Miyauchi
- Vice Chairman
- Ryunosuke Endo
- Koichi Minato
- Executive Vice Presidents
- Toru Ota
- Senior Executive Managing Directors
- Takashi Tamura
- Executive Managing Directors
- Masahito Ishihara
- Executive Managing Advisor
- Hisashi Hieda
- Executive Managing Directors
- Osamu Kanemitsu
- Audit & Supervisory
- Kiyoshi Onoe
As of June 28, 2023